Sunday, April 24, 2011

Media Fast

In my Journalism class, we got an assignment where we had to go 8 hours straight without electronic media. This means no internet, cell phone, iPod/radio, TV, computer, etc. When I first got this assignment, I didn't think I would be able to do it. The not using my laptop part was easy because I don't consider myself addicted to the internet. What was hard was not watching tv, movies, and listening to music.

This past Thursday, I decided to finally do my Media Fast assignment. I woke up at 8am, so I could watch tv later that evening. It was weird getting ready in complete silence. I'm used to watching tv while getting ready or having music on. Since I wasn't allowed to text during my media fast, I told Omar to be here around 10:30. We went to his house and we made scrambled eggs. We usually watch Cash Cab after breakfast, but since we couldn't do that, I read for a while.

We went out to do some errands around noon. I got a nice journal at Michael's =] and my favorite.. honeydew boba! Mmmmm! I still had a little over two hours left of my media fast to go so we went back to his house and had a snack before playing Monopoly.  I noticed that being in complete silence through out the day made me feel really sleepy. I was falling asleep so we went outside and played with Coco for a while. Before I knew it, it was 4!

I definitely recommend that every try this at least once. It's good getting away from sitting in front of the TV and laptop screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment